Did you transfer to a four-year university before you earned your Associate Degree?Students have the option to transfer those university credits back to their community college to complete their associate degree through Reverse Transfer!
Reverse Transfer has many benefits including:
- An associate degree can provide better job opportunities while completing your bachelor’s degree.
- Employers recognize the value of an associate degree when recruiting and hiring.
- Studies show that an earned associate degree can increase your annual earnings.
- You earn a credential for all your hard work at ACC.
Alpena Community College currently has Reverse Transfer Agreements with:
- Central Michigan University
- Ferris State University
- Grand Valley State University
- Lake Superior State University
- Madonna University
- Saginaw Valley State University
- Western Michigan University
Students who qualify for Reverse Transfer must meet the minimum requirements:
- Earned at least 45 credits with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 at Alpena Community College. Note: 45 ACC credits triggers the university notification to students. ACC will work with anyone who has earned a minimum of 15 ACC credit hours. Please contact the ACC Registrar.
- Earned a minimum of 15 credits with a 2.00 or higher at their university.
- Complete an ACC graduation request which is available through Self-Service or in the Registrar’s Office.
Transcript Request Form InformationIf you are interested in participating in Reverse Transfer, contact the university’s Registrar’s Office and complete their Reverse Transfer Form. The university will send an official copy of your transcript to ACC. Once the ACC Registrar receives and evaluates your university transcript, an official audit will be done on your record to determine if your transfer credits complete the specific requirements for an associate degree.
Yes, it’s that simple!